Check out these 5 amazing tips from wedding bouquet expert Laurence Theisen, Co Founder of L’Oasis Floral Design! L’Oasis designed bouquets for our Arctic Tsarina fashion show, and design for other clients such as Vera Wang, Martha Stewart, and W Magazine!
Keep reading to get the scoop on becoming a bridal bouquet expert yourself!
1. Use your favorite flowers as a starting point in the making of your bouquet—they could be flowers that have special meaning to you or simply ones that you have always cherished.
2. See what flowers are going to be in season during your wedding. Finding flowers that are in season will ensure that your bouquet is fresh and the best quality (and it will keep the cost down too!).
3. Remember to consider shape when creating a bouquet. Your bridal bouquet can do wonders to complement and harmonize your dress and your body type. Your flowers should complete your gown not outshine it and the size of your bouquet should also be well-balanced with your body frame.
4. Try to hone the style you’re looking for. There are lots to choose from! Here are some styles you might consider: Classic and White, Modern and Sleek, Unusual and Funky, Fresh Green and Organic, Lush and Dramatic or Timeless, just to name a few!
5. Personalized your bouquet. Personal attachments like family earrings and brooches can be pinned to the bouquet wrap are a sure way to add some flavor. LED lights among petals to illustrate can enhance your sparkling personality. Red pepper and cardamom will add spice and fragrance to any bouquet, and feathers and pearls put a great spin on a timeless look.